The TARGET SELECTION AND BIOINFORMATICS Team was headed by George Phillips, Jr., PhD, and was responsible for identifying and ranking suitable target cDNAs for entry into the production pathway. This group also organized and released to the public the data collected by the Center into several
public databases via the Sesame Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS):
| BMRB | PDB | PepcDB | PSI-SBKB | PSI-MR |
TargetDB | Target XML
Goals for CESG Bioinformatics
- Define target selection criteria.
- Generate target priority scores.
- Coordinate project data capture.
- Analyze data produced by the project.
- Improve pipeline efficiency.
- Create and generate reports.
- Support structure calculation, validation, and analysis.
Methods Being Investigated and Publications
- Keith Dunker (Indiana University School of Medicine and Molecular Kinetics, Inc. at Indianapolis, IN) – protein disorder, solubility, and crystallization predictions
- Dmitrij Frishman (Institute for Bioinformatics, GSF) – PEDANT database ORF annotation
- Christine Orengo and Russell Marsden (University College, London, Midwest Structural Genomics Consortium) – Domain predictions
- Sue Rhee (TAIR)
- Chris Town, Owen White, and Steven Salzberg (TIGR) – ORF predictions and annotations
- Simon Twigger (Medical College of Wisconsin)